Hank Abrons, MD, MPH
Board Advisor, Physicians for a National Health Program; Steering Committee, PNHP California; Board Member, California OneCare
Expertise: National single payer movement, California single payer movement
Courtney Hutchison, MPH
Consultant, PolicyLink, UC Berkeley
Expertise: Health Equity, Health Policy Advocacy
James G. Kahn, MD, MPH
Professor of Health Policy, Epidemiology, and Global Health, School of Medicine, UCSF Affiliate, Global Health Sciences
Expertise: Health Economics & Health Policy
Executive Director, California OneCare; Founder, Trauma Foundation; MacArthur Fellow; Emmy Award Winner
Expertise: California Single Payer Movement, Health Policy, Trauma Prevention, Consumer Protection, Advocacy Campaigns
Michael A. Rodriguez, MD, MPH
Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Family Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences at UCLA Jonathan and Karin Fielding School of Public Health; Founding Chair, UCLA Minor on Global Health; Founding Director, UCLA Blum Center on Poverty and Health in Latin America; Director, AltaMed Institute for Health Equity. Board Member: Blue Shield of California, Latino Coalition for a Healthy California, California OneCare, and Past President, California Academy of Family Physicians Foundation
Expertise: Health Equity, Migration/Immigration, Food Insecurity; Violence Prevention; Health Workforce; Ethnic/Racial Health Disparities, Health Policy, Single-Payer Health Care
Harry Snyder, LLB
Advocacy Leader in Residence and Lecturer, Health Policy & Management, UC Berkeley School of Public Health; Former Director, West Coast Regional Office, Consumer Reports
Expertise: Public Interest and Health Policy Advocacy, Patients’ Rights, Healthcare Industry Nonprofit to For-Profit Conversions
Paul Y. Song, MD
Board Certified Radiation Oncologist; National Board Member at Physicians for a National Health Program and Healthcare Now; Co-Chair, Campaign for a Healthy California
Expertise: Healthcare Policy
- HEAL CA Senate Medicare For All Intro Statement
- Nurses Statement on Rendon’s Assembly Select Committee
- Speaker Rendon Calls on Assembly Committee to ‘Get to Yes’ on Health Care for All
- Big winners in California’s new healthcare plan: Households and small businesses
- California Senate says ‘Yes’ to Guaranteed Healthcare For All
- New Findings – SB 562 Would Cut State Spending on Healthcare by 18% – and Guarantee Care For All
Submit a Press/Media Release – Guidelines
Send your releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Press Release” in the subject line.
Media releases should:
- Be on the topic of health care policy, healthcare reform, single payer or Medicare for All.
- California-focused releases take priority.
- Be current – no older than 24 hours.
- Be sent as plain text within the body of an email. No faxed releases will be used.
- Be proofread in advance for accuracy.
- Be Internet-friendly. Include the url of your organization and email addresses of your contact.
Videos and News Clips
- Fix It: Healthcare at the Tipping Point
- The Healthcare Movie
- Bernie Sanders Sets the Record Straight on Single-Payer Healthcare
- Single-Payer: The ONLY Fix to the For-Profit Private Insurance SCAM!
- Corporations Move to Block California Single-Payer Healthcare Bill
The Young Turks
- Single-Payer Universal Health Care Explained
The Young Turks
- The Single-Payer Breakthrough in California: Robert Pollin on the Economics of Universal Care
Studies & Reports
Economic Analysis of the Healthy California Single-Payer Health Care Proposal (SB-562), by the Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts Amherst, May 2017
- List of National and State Single Payer Studies to Date, Courtesy of Healthcare-Now!, including the following:
Cost and Coverage Analysis of Nine Proposals to Expand Health Insurance Coverage in California, by The Lewin Group, Inc., March 31, 2002
The Health Care for All Californians Act: Cost and Economic Impacts Analysis, by The Lewin Group, Inc., January 19, 2005
Fiscal Analysis of SB 840, by the California Legislative Analyst’s Office, May 22, 2008
Fiscal Estimates of SB 562 The Healthy California Act, by the California Senate Committee on Appropriations, May 22, 2017
- Single Payer Resources,
Courtesy of Physicians for a National Health Program
Background History of California Single Payer Legislation, Courtesy of Dan Hodges, Health Care for All California